When I was 10 years old my primary school teacher asked us to bring in an every-day object from around the house that we were going to transform into a work of art; my mum handed me a rusty iron and I decided to turn it into a landscape painting. Rather than just slapping on the paint, I instinctively started to build the image using layers of tiny dots and dashes and discovered that there was something about the process of weaving together layers of marks that could magically transform the mundane into something rich and beautiful.
I completed a foundation course in Art and Design in 1998 and a BA Hons in Fine Art at Falmouth College of Arts in 2003. The journey I had started alll those years earlier with the rusty iron continued to evolve into what could be considered the visual language of my work; richly textured surfaces, bustling layers of intricate marks and the merging of needlework drawing and painting.
As well as being an artist I am also a web developer. I have recently released an app for iOS and Android that combines the two halves of my life as an artist and developer. Click here for more information.
If you want to get in touch then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- '‘Fresh Air’, The Truman Brewery, London
- Veritasse Fine Arts, Bath and West Showground
- Whitespace Gallery, London
- Francis Burrows Fine Arts, London
- Art of England, Francis Burrows Fine Arts, Trentham
- Solo Exhibition, The Burrows Gallery, Birmingham
- Birmingham City Inn Gallery solo exhibition
- Brighton Art Fair, The Corn Exchange, Brighton
- Thirty Two Ltd, Cheltenham
- Breath of Fresh Air, Cambridge
- Affordable Art Fair, London
- Byard Art Summer Show, Cambridge
- Solo Show, GC Fine Art, London
- Ludlow assembly rooms, solo exhibition
- Flowers Gallery magazine
- Oil Paintings in Public Ownership - Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly by The Public Catalogue Foundation
- Mix Future Interiors #7, Global Color Research Limited
- Big Book of Fashion Illustration, Martin Dawber
- Mix Future Interiors #9, Global Color Research Limited
- Creative Review June edition